So a new organization called the Muslim Anti-Racism Collaborative has launched this month. Its an initiative to work on dismantling anti-blackness within U.S Muslim communities.
They are having five initiative in honor of black history month
- Wednesday February 12th: #beingblackandmuslim (Twitter)
- Wednesday February 19th: #ummahantiblackness (twitter)
- Thursday February 20th: #blackmuslimfuture
- Friday the 21st: A Black History Month khutbah (nationwide)
- Wednesday the 26th: #droptheaword (twitter)
I’m posting this mainly for black Muslims on tumblr to know about so they can participate, and for non-black Muslims working on dismantling their anti-blackness as a means of being in solidarity with black Muslims who would benefit from watching the conversation unfold